DIABETES EDUCATION CLASSES
Our Diabetes Education classes are taught by a Pharmacist and Certified Diabetes Educator who is experienced in the treatment and management of Diabetes. The classes focus on empowering patients and guiding them to understand their diabetes. We teach self-management techniques and patients set and meet goals to improve their health.
Our classes use a variety of educational methods, including hands-on charts, videos, and informational tools to help patients:
- Understand exactly what diabetes is and how it affects the body
- Understand how medications work to lower blood glucose
- Train to use diabetes devices such as blood glucose meters, insulin pens, insulin pumps, and continuous glucose monitors
- Learn about the importance of healthy eating and planning meals
- Safely incorporate physical activities in their daily lives
- Develop problem-solving strategies and the skills to self-manage diabetes
Diabetes is a common disease, yet every individual needs unique care. We encourage people with diabetes and their families to learn as much as possible about the latest medical therapies and to make healthy lifestyle choices. Good communication with a team of experts can help you feel in control and respond to changing needs.
For tips on how to better mange your diabetes, the American Diabetes Association is a great resource.
Flexcare Pharmacy offers both Small Group and Individual Self-Management Diabetes Education Classes. All classes are accredited by the AADE and are taught by certified diabetes educators. Small group classes are offered on Fridays from 10am until noon in the pharmacy. Individual classes can be held remotely or in-person, in the pharmacy. Interested in starting your journey toward a healthier lifestyle? Enroll in a class today!
“No Diabetes management tool – no oral agent, insulin or medical device – is as important as the services of a certified diabetes educator”