DIABETES EDUCATION CLASSES
Our diabetes educators focus on empowering patients, guiding them to understand their diabetes and work with them to set and meet goals to improve their health.
We use a variety of educational methods, hands-on charts, videos and informational tools to help your patients:
• Understand exactly what diabetes is and how it affects the body
• Understand how medications work to lower blood glucose
• Train to use diabetes devices such as blood glucose meters, insulin pens, insulin pumps and
continuous glucose monitors.
• Learn about the importance of healthy eating and planning meals
• Safely incorporate physical activities in their daily lives
• Develop problem-solving strategies and the skills to self-manage diabetes
ENROLL IN A CLASS TODAY
“No diabetes management tool–no new oral agent, insulin or medical device–is as important as the services of a certified diabetes educator.”Christopher Saudek, MD